- Teaching youth with cognitive disabilities how to ride a two-wheeled bicycle (2012-2014)
- Working towards determining best practices in cycling education for children with special needs (ongoing).
- To allow families to “Borrow a Bike” thus enabling children to participate in cycling with their friends and family.
- To modify equipment so that all children will be able to experience the joy of riding a bike.
- To develop resources so that information can be shared with those interested in supporting children with this important skill
- To team with the University of Alberta (Engineering, Industrial Design, Rehabilitation Medicine) to develop advances in adaptive Cycling
- To offer “Learn to Ride” courses to help children with special needs master the skills required to ride a two-wheeled bicycle.
- To offer “Train the trainer” workshops to share the tools and resources developed in our course so that other professionals might offer the program in their own communities.