Who is eligible to borrow a bike?
- Children with a diagnosis that makes riding standard bicycles difficult. (NOTE: children who could ride a bicycle with training wheels are not eligible).
- Ages 3-18
- Lives in Edmonton and surrounding areas (Devon, Fort Saskatchewan, Leduc, Morinville, St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain)
- Families must be able to transport the bikes to and from fitting/ return days and have a space to safely store the bicycle (indoors only).
How do we register?
- Registration is done online via Registration opens January 3, 2016.
- Therapist referrals (OT/PT/ APE) are required for a child to borrow a bike.
- If you do not have a therapist working with your child, please contact us
What is the process?
- Registration by parents/ guardians (bikes are assigned based on the order registration is received)
- Referral completed by therapist
- Attend Try a Bike day on March 4, 2016 at Broxton Park School (505 McLeod Avenue, Spruce Grove)
- If we have a bike that meets your child’s needs, you will be notified by March 5, 2016 and invited to make an appointment to attend a fitting day (March 6, April 9, 2016)
- Bikes are assigned based on information provided and fit to your child by a team of therapists and mechanics
- You will be taking the bike home following the fitting day.
What is the cost?
- A $100 refundable deposit + a $75 rental fee (or 4 hour volunteer commitment) is required.
How long do we get to keep the bike?
- Bikes are loaned out between spring fitting days (between March and May) and the fall return day (Tentatively October 24, 2015)
Further information can be found under frequently asked questions.